Friday, August 30, 2019

Notes from Vrithakrithy

Jan  3, 2019

At 730pm Rahul Rajagopal (our lead actor) and NIkhil  (our assistant director) arrives with Kochupreman and cycle . They forget to take the cycle keys. The cycle needs to be used but it is locked. Vysakh looses his cool. I can see it.  I want to burn everything. Hamsa and Nikhil along with Karthik solves the issue. I keep my cool. Shreya seems to picking up but Srilakshmi is silent. Nikhil is doing a lot of running around. Hamsa is taking effort. Shyamin helps me decide frames. Vysakh explains the scene to Kochupreman  and we start the shoot.
Rahul is finding it hard to cycle uphill. He wants us to change direction. I am not in a mind set to convince him about changing screen directions. Kochupreman wants Rahul to cycle down the hill. I now have to convince him. Rahul is a friend Kochupreman is not. The shots end up looking difficult and sad.  Mohammed the camera operator is way more talented than my co- cinematographer of Photography Venu. He knows the settings in and out and gives valuable suggestions. I want to pay him extra. I can't.
The wind unit has no force, The light unit uncle is slow and he is not convinced with the lighting. Moreover he has this weird attitude. Vysakh is a great boon. Thinks get done.He knows the scene inside out. Rahul's performance baffles me. He did the snake biting scene with so much conviction. Rahul's perseverance is very less since the last few months. He can't sit or bend on his knee. he is fucked up by the cold rain.  he is also on a quick diet to loose his weight for Varanasi scenes.. My back hurts but there are no thoughts of giving up. My body is shivering in the cold.  Rahul rises again to give the last shot. He is almost smothered. The final performances he gave is completely great. I am glad I took him as the lead character.  Shreya has listed sounds and Vysakh talks to Light unit about the mix up generator. everyone gets paid. Everyone gets rest. I haggle with the rain unit to get a discount. They are overpaid and are a bunch of not so great technicians.We are still going to pick Sarita Kukku. Its 6am. I miss my bed. I will see the visuals in the morning. Hope things are worth. 







No comments:

Post a Comment